Company News

Wex Headquarters Close to Completion

February 08, 2019

Wex headquarters is close to completion in Portland after 18 months of construction. The new space will enable Wex to relocate approximately 400 employees to Portland where the company originally started.

Windham Millwork was involved on many aspects of this four story 105,000 square foot building. From cabinets, casework, countertops, kitchen areas and even a 10ft long fish tank that will be installed in the main employee break room. 

The new building will feature a number of amenities for Wex employees to enjoy. Some amenities include bike lockers, showers, indoor and outdoor dining and break areas, a rooftop patio for dining, recreation and events. The first floor of the new building will also feature a 5,000 square foot space for a restaurant. 

Wex has embraced the open-floor concept by incorporating large glass exterior paneling around the outside of the building. The floor plan calls for 90 percent of the office to be open floor by utilizing low cubicles. The other 10 percent of the space is designated for discrete offices. 

Quality Architectural Woodworking and Millwork Building Partnerships Since 1957